Senator Fuschillo Helps “Extend the Holidays” for Children in Winthrop Hospital
Photo caption: Senator Fuschillo helps a child pick out a toy from the over 2,000 toys collected through his annual “Extend the Holidays” toy drive.
New York State Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr. (R-Merrick) today helped put smiles on the faces of Winthrop Hospital’s child patients by delivering over 2,000 toys collected through his annual “Extend the Holidays” toy drive. Representatives from the Nassau County Sheriff Officer’s Association, Laborers Local 66, and Local 1298, all of whom participated in the program, joined Senator Fuschillo in delivering the toys to the hospital.
“Extend the Holidays” is an annual toy drive Senator Fuschillo organizes for the benefit of children in Winthrop’s Pediatric Center. The toys collected through the program are delivered after the holiday season so that children can experience the joys of receiving a holiday gift throughout the year.
“When you’re a child, there’s no better feeling than getting the gift of a new toy. For children in the hospital who are going through tough times, a new toy can really help brighten their spirits. Thanks to the generosity of all the schools, unions, and local residents and businesses who participated in this program, we collected enough toys to help give that feeling to children in Winthrop Hospital throughout the entire year,” said Senator Fuschillo.
The following labor unions and schools helped Senator Fuschillo collect toys for the “Extend the Holidays” program:
- Baldwin Middle School (Baldwin School District)
- Berner Middle School (Massapequa School District)
- Birch Elementary School (Merrick School District)
- Centennial Avenue School (Roosevelt School District)
- Chatterton Elementary School (Merrick School District)
- East Lake Elementary School (Massapequa School District)
- Fairfield Elementary School (Massapequa School District)
- Fayette Elementary School (North Merrick School District)
- Forest Lake Elementary School (Wantagh School District)
- Laborers Local 66
- Laborers Local 1298
- Levy-Lakeside Elementary School (Merrick School District)
- Lockhart Elementary School (Massapequa School District)
- Massapequa High School (Massapequa School District)
- Massapequa High School-Ames Campus (Massapequa School District)
- McKenna Elementary School (Massapequa School District)
- Mepham High School (Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District)
- Nassau County Sheriff Officer’s Association
- Old Mill Road Elementary School (North Merrick School District)
- William Rall Elementary School (Lindenhurst School District)
- Winthrop Avenue School (Bellmore School District)
"On behalf of Winthrop’s administration, staff, and patients, we are once again extremely grateful to Senator Fuschillo for continuing his annual ‘Extend the Holidays’ toy drive. This is a wonderful tradition which brings so much joy and happiness to so many children and families. We thank Senator Fuschillo and everyone who participated in this toy drive for their overwhelming outpouring of generosity for our child patients,” said John Broder, Vice-President for External Affairs and Development at Winthrop-University Hospital.