Senator Fuschillo Informs Residents About Upcoming Mortgage Assistance Program for Hurricane Sandy Victims
Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr. (R-Merrick) is informing residents about a free mortgage assistance program to help victims of Hurricane Sandy.
The “Hope for Long Island” program will be held this Saturday, December 15th from 10 am to 7 pm at the Joseph Barry Career & Technical Educational Center, located at 1196 Prospect Avenue in Westbury. The event is being sponsored by the Community Development Corporation of Long Island, the Long Island Housing Partnership, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, NeighborWorks America, and the New York State Attorney General’s Office.
As part of the event, a broad partnership of non-profit housing counselors, mortgage industry companies, insurance companies, and local partners will be coming together to help lead affected homeowners down the road to recovery. Families attending the free event will be able to:
* Meet with their mortgage servicer regarding their mortgage and insurance as it relates to disaster relief;
* Meet with a HUD-approved, non-profit housing counselor for options involving disaster relief and housing assistance tools; and
* Meet with a representative from the insurance industry and see what the claims process entails.
Residents should bring the following information if possible:
* Monthly mortgage statement
* Information about other mortgages on their home
* Documentation of all income
* All property insurance documents.
The free event is open to all homeowners. No registration is required.