Senator Fuschillo Informs Residents How They Can Receive Emergency Notifications and Other Important Updates Using NY-Alert System
Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr. (R-Merrick) is informing residents how they can receive emergency notifications and other important updates using the State’s NY-Alert system.
NY-Alert is a service offered by New York State to provide individuals with real-time information about emergencies and other important issues. Using the NY-Alert System, residents can sign up to receive alerts about any of the following:
* Alerts and warnings about life threatening emergencies
* Public health alerts
* Severe weather warnings
* Significant highway closures
* When sex offenders move into or out of a specific area
* Amber alerts, child abductions, and other missing persons alerts
* Consumer protection updates such as product recalls, scams, or security breaches
Residents can sign up to receive these alerts through email, text messages, phone, or fax. Residents can target these alerts by geographic area so they can get the information that most affects the communities where they live or work. There is no charge to receive these notifications.
Individuals who would like to sign up to receive any of these alerts, or who would like more information about the program, should visit www.nyalert.gov.