Senator Fuschillo Invites Residents to His Annual Golden Gathering on October 18th
Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr. (R-Merrick) is inviting residents to attend his annual Golden Gathering on Thursday, October 18th from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm at the Freeport Recreation Center, located at 130 East Merrick Road in Freeport.
The Golden Gathering provides a variety of programs, services and information about a variety of issues such as health and nutrition, consumer protection, public safety, and insurance from over 100 government and non-profit agencies.
Programs and services offered at the Golden Gathering will include:
· Free flu & pneumonia vaccinations (provided by NuHealth for residents ages 60 and over subject to availability);
· Free blood pressure, hearing, and chiropractic screenings;
· Mammography screenings (requires an appointment – call Senator Fuschillo’s office for more information);
· Safe disposal of expired or unwanted medications;
· Obtain or renew a passport (call Senator Fuschillo's office for information about requirements);
· Review and learn about medication interaction with a pharmacist (bring a list of medications, vitamins, and supplements being taken).
"It is my pleasure to once again make these services and resources available to residents in an easy and convenient way. I invite everyone to come to this event and look forward to a great turnout once again this year,” said Senator Fuschillo.
The Towns of Hempstead, Oyster Bay and Babylon, as well as the Village of Massapequa Park, will be providing free transportation for seniors from 10 different locations. Residents who need directions to the Freeport Recreation Center, information regarding transportation, or have any other questions about the Golden Gathering should call Senator Fuschillo’s office at 516-882-0630.