New York State Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr. (R-Merrick) today announced that his 2010 Small Business Networking Expo will be held on Thursday, May 13th from 4:30 to 6:30 pm at the Seaford Knights of Columbus, which is located at 2183 Jackson Avenue in Seaford. All local small business owners and residents who are looking to start a small business are invited and encouraged to attend.
At the event, current and prospective small business owners can speak directly with government and non-profit agencies about how to start or expand a small business. Those attending the small business networking expo can learn about accessing capital, getting a small business loan, and writing a business plan. Representatives from local chambers of commerce will also be on hand to talk about the different business opportunities within their respective communities.
Participants will also be able to network with each other to promote their businesses and exchange information and ideas. Hundreds of people attended Senator Fuschillo’s 2009 Small Business Networking Expo last May.
The follwing agencies and organizations will be participating in Senator Fuschillo's Small Business Networking Expo:
* Amityville Chamber of Commerce
* Black Women Enterprises
* Community Development Corporation of Long Island
* Chamber of Commerce of the Bellmores
* Chamber of Commerce of the Massapequas
* Copiague Chamber of Commerce
* East Meadow Chamber of Commerce
* Empire State Development Corporation
* Farmingdale Chamber of Commerce
* Freeport Chamber of Commerce
* Long Island Association
* Long Island Development Coalition
* Long Island Housing Partnership
* Merrick Chamber of Commerce
* Nassau County Clerk's Office
* Nassau County Office of Planning & Economic Development
* National Grid
* NYS Insurance Department
* NYS Department of Taxation & Finance
* Scott Skodnek Business Development Center at Hofstra University
* Seaford Chamber of Commerce
* Small Business Development Center at Farmingdale State College
* Suffolk County Clerk's Office
* Suffolk County Dept. of Economic Development & Workforce Housing
* Town of Hempstead Department of Planning & Economic Development
* U.S. Small Business Administration
* Wantagh Chamber of Commerce
Residents who need additional information about the Small Business Networking Expo can call Senator Fuschillo’s office at 516-882-0630.