Senator Fuschillo Invites Small Business Owners to His Small Business Networking Expo on May 12th
New York State Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr. (R-Merrick) is inviting all current and prospective small business owners to his 2011 Small Business Networking Expo. Senator Fuschillo’s Small Business Networking Expo will be held on Thursday, May 12th from 4:30 to 6:30 pm at the Seaford Knights of Columbus, located at 2183 Jackson Avenue in Seaford.
Senator Fuschillo’s Small Business Networking Expo helps small businesses learn about different services that are available to help them get off the ground and grow. At the event, individuals looking to expand or start a small business will be able to speak directly with government and non-profit agencies about different business assistance programs and services. In addition, they can also obtain information about accessing capital, getting a small business loan, and writing a business plan. Those in attendance can also speak with representatives from local chambers of commerce about the different business opportunities within their respective communities.
Additionally, participants will be able to network with each other to promote their businesses and exchange information and ideas. Hundreds of people attended Senator Fuschillo’s 2010 Small Business Networking Expo last May.
“Small businesses are the lifeblood of our economy; we need to help them grow and develop. This program informs business owners about programs and services that are available to help them grow. It is also an opportunity for business owners to network with each other, as well as speak with the local chambers of commerce. I invite all current and aspiring small business owners to attend,” said Senator Fuschillo.
Residents who need additional information about the Small Business Networking Expo can call Senator Fuschillo’s office at 516-882-0630.
* Black Women Enterprises
* Community Development Corporation of Long Island
* Empire State Development Corporation
* La Fuerza Unida-CDC
* Long Island Development Corporation
* Long Island Housing Partnership
* Long Island Power Authority
* Nassau County Business Development Unit
* Nassau County Clerk's Office
* Nassau County Office of Minority Affairs
* National Grid
* New York State Insurance Department
* New York State Department of Taxation & Finance
* New York State Department of Labor
* Scott Skodnek Small Business Development Center at Hofstra University
* Small Business Development Center at Farmingdale State College
* Suffolk County Clerk's Office
* Suffolk County Department of Economic Development and Workforce Housing
* Town of Hempstead Department of Planning & Economic Development
* U.S. Small Business Administration
Participating Chambers of Commerce:
* Amityville Chamber of Commerce
* Chamber of Commerce of the Bellmores
* Chamber of Commerce of the Massapequas
* Copiague Chamber of Commerce
* East Meadow Chamber of Commerce
* Farmingdale Chamber of Commerce
* Freeport Chamber of Commerce
* Merrick Chamber of Commerce
* Seaford Chamber of Commerce
* Wantagh Chamber of Commerce