Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr. (R-Merrick) is sponsoring a food and supply drive with Long Island Cares to help families recovering from Hurricane Sandy and other Long Island families in need.
Residents who would like to participate in the drive can donate any of the following items:
*Macaroni & Cheese *Personal Care Items
*Cereal *Baby Diapers
*Rice *New Blankets
*Pasta *Household Cleaning Supplies
*Canned Vegetables *Paper Goods
*Pet Food *New Hats, Gloves, Socks
Items can be donated at the following locations:
• Senator Fuschillo’s Office: 5550 Merrick Road, Suite 205, Massapequa
• Copiague Memorial Library: 50 Deauville Boulevard, Copiague
• Freeport Memorial Library: 144 West Merrick Road, Freeport
• Massapequa Public Library (Bar Harbour Building): 40 Harbour Lane, Massapequa Park
• Massapequa Public Library (Central Avenue Building): 523 Central Avenue, Massapequa
All items collected through this program will be donated to Long Island Cares, which delivers food & other items to over 550 food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters and other assistance organizations. The items will help meet the needs of the over 300,000 Long Island families who don’t know where their next meal is coming from, as well as the unexpected needs of families affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Residents who have any questions about the food and supply drive can call Senator Fuschillo’s office at 516-882-0630 or Long Island Cares at 631-582-FOOD.