Senator Elaine Phillips has announced she is partnering with United Way of Long Island and the Long Island Nets again this year for a “Stuff-A-Bus” school supply collection drive to benefit needy students throughout the region.
“As Senator, one of my top priorities is to ensure that our children have the basic tools necessary to acquire the knowledge and skills to not only succeed, but to excel, within and beyond the classroom,” said Senator Phillips. “Thanks to the generosity of the residents in our region, last year’s supply drive was a great success and helped hundreds of students. With the new school year quickly approaching, I am pleased to be coordinating this backpack and supplies drive once again and thank the United Way, Long Island Nets and our local libraries for their assistance.”
Supplies needed include backpacks, pens, pencils, rulers, protractors, lined paper, notebooks, composition paper, folders, binders, basic calculator, glue sticks and highlighters.
The drive is already underway and will run through August 17. Donations can be dropped off at any of the following locations:
- Senator Elaine Phillips District Office - 252 Mineola Boulevard, Mineola (516-746-5924)
- East Williston Library - 2 Prospect Street, East Williston (516-746-0782)
- Elmont Library - 700 Hempstead Turnpike, Elmont, (516-354-5280 ext. x218)
- Floral Park Library - 17 Caroline Place, Floral Park, (516-326-6330)
- Franklin Square Library - 19 Lincoln Road, Franklin Square (516-488-3444)
- Great Neck Library - 159 Bayview Avenue, Great Neck (516-466-8055 ext.254)
- Manhasset Library - 30 Onderdonk Avenue, Manhasset (516-627-2300 ext. 7)
- Mineola Library - 195 Marcellus Road, Mineola (516-746-8488)
- Port Washington Library - 1 Library Drive, Port Washington (516-767-3263)
- Shelter Rock Library - 165 Searingtown Road, Albertson (516-248-7363)
- The Bryant Library - 2 Paper Mill Road, Roslyn (516-621-2240 ext.210)
- Westbury Library - 445 Jefferson Street, Westbury (516-333-0176)
- Williston Park Public Library - 495 Willis Avenue, Williston Park (516-742-1820)
For more information, please call Senator Phillips’ office at 516-746-5924.