Today local officials, including Taylor Devices President/CEO Doug Taylor, held a grand opening “ribbon cutting” event at their new facilities located in North Tonawanda's Buffalo Bolt business park.
Taylor Devices, Inc. purchased three parcels of land from the city at the Buffalo bolt business park in 2011, and has invested $3.3 Million at the site for the three buildings totaling 50K square feet. The facilities are third party certified to ISO 14001, the International Standard for environmental quality.
The new facilities include three older buildings which were rebuilt and re-purposed. The largest of these, originally constructed in 1915, was the former shipping department of the Buffalo Bolt Company. The buildings have been extensively modified to allow the installation of heavy machines and their foundations, and for material handling via large overhead cranes as part of the re-purposing.
Doug Taylor, CEO of Taylor Devices, stated “The Buffalo Bolt Facilities are in addition to those at our Tonawanda Island site in NT, and double our manufacturing space. The Niagara County IDA was the Development Agency for the project, and we relied heavily on them to make everything go smoothly. The three buildings were privately owned; the lots at Buffalo Bolt were City owned. The NCIDA worked with Hartwood Real Estate as agent for the buildings, and Hunt Commercial Real Estate as agent for the City owned lots to produce a total package acceptable both the City Council and Taylor Devices. The overall result essentially recreates the south portion of the Buffalo Bolt Site as it existed in the 1950s, and allows Taylor Devices sufficient space for both current manufacturing and future expansion”.