Senator Jack M. Martins (R-Mineola), Nassau County Executive Ed Mangano, and Legislator Richard Nicolello will be sponsoring two Property Tax Exemptions Workshops in Albertson and New Hyde Park.
The workshops will be held on:
• Thursday, July 31st from 1 pm to 3 pm at the Shelter Rock Library (165 Searingtown Road, Albertson).
• Thursday, August 7th from 1 pm to 3 pm at the Hillside Library (155 Lakeville Road, New Hyde Park)
At both programs, tax exemption specialists from the Nassau County Department of Assessment will provide assistance, answer questions, and help residents file for the following property tax exemptions:
• Basic STAR
• Enhanced STAR
• Senior Citizens
• Veterans and Cold War Veterans
• Volunteer Firefighters and Ambulance Workers
• Limited Income Disability
• Home Improvement
Applications will be processed by the Department on-site. Homeowners who will be filing for an exemption should bring two copies of any documentation that is required for the property tax exemption, including proof of age, proof of residency and 2013 New York State and federal income tax returns. A complete list of required documentation can be obtained on-line at www.mynassauproperty.com or by calling 516-571-1500.
For more information about the Property Tax Exemptions Workshops in Albertson and New Hyde Park, please call Senator Martins’ office at 516-746-5924 or Legislator Nicolello’s Office at 516-571-6209.