Senator Jack M. Martins will be partnering with CVS to offer flu shots to constitutents during his Health and Wellness Fair, which will take place on Saturday, October 20, from 1-4 p.m. at Carle Place High School, located at 168 Cherry Lane in Carle Place. Constitutents should bring insurance information if they have it. There will be no out-of-pocket cost.
In addition, the Health and Wellness Fair features numerous organizations that will be previding screenings and demonstrations.
- A yoga class will run from 2-2:45 p.m. Bring your own mat. Beginners welcome.
- Kid Fit Long Island will be offering two 20-minute fitness classes for kids ages 2-6. Classes start at 1:30 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Winthrop-University Hospital will be doing asthma screenings.
- There will also be rhythmology beginner dance lessons.
- Adelphi School of Nursing will be providing blood pressure and blood glucose checks.
- Nassau Sports Physical Therapy will be doing balance screening and testing.
Among the organizations scheduled to be at the fair are Adelphi NY Statewide Breast Cancer Hotline & Support Program, LICADD, Pulse of NY, North Shore LIJ Imaging and many more. All are welcome. Any questions, contact Senator Martins' office at (516) 746-5924.