Senator James Sanders Jr. is proud to announce that he has been assigned to Mayor-Elect Eric Adams' Economic Committee Transition Team. Senator Sanders has an extensive background in economic development leadership and endorsed Adams for Mayor.
"I am proud to be part of this new chapter in the city's history, a significant time since Eric Adams will be it's second only black Mayor," Sanders said. "We have a long road ahead, but I am confident that Mayor-Elect Adams has chosen the best team possible, with the most qualified people. I am humbled to be part of such a prestigious assembly of leaders"
Senator Sanders is well-qualified for his new role on the Economic Transition Committee. His experience includes:
- Chair, New York State Banks Committee
- Member, New York State Commerce, Economic Development and Small Business Committee
- Member, New York State Insurance Committee
- Member, New York State Cultural Affairs, Tourism, Parks and Recreation Committee
- Member, New York State Labor Committee
- Member, New York State Veterans, Homeland Security and Military Affairs Committee
- Member, New York State Procurement and Contracts
- Chair, New York State Senate Democratic Conference MWBE Task Force Committee
- Second Vice Chair, New York State Black, Puerto Rican, Hispanic & Asian Legislative Caucus
- Co-Chair, Business and Economic Development Committee of the National Black Caucus of State Legislators
- Member, Local Workforce Development Board of the City of New York Workforce Investment Area
- Chair, New York City MWBE Task Force