While visiting the Indian Lake Fire Department, Senator Jim Tedisco (R,C,I,REF-Glenville) today announced $461,000 in new state grant funding he has secured to ease the burden on local taxpayers and benefit the quality of life and public safety of Hamilton County residents.
“Part of my job as a representative is to fight to keep our taxes low and help to create an environment where our small businesses can grow and create private sector jobs. And part of that is to be a strong voice for Upstate and our values and fight tooth and nail to return our hard-earned tax dollars to ease the burden on local taxpayers so we can maintain our infrastructure, support law enforcement and first responders, and help our schools and libraries. As I’m doing for all five counties in the 49th Senate District, today was Hamilton County’s day to shine as I announced $461,000 in state grants I secured to help taxpayers and residents,” said Senator Jim Tedisco.
The state grants Senator Tedisco secured includes post-budget education funding for schools and libraries, public protection grants and state and municipal aid grants. Hamilton County grant recipients include:
· $250,000 for the Village of Speculator to expand its firehouse with a third bay
· $100,000 for Indian Lake Central School District for a new boiler to heat the school
· $75,000 for the Town of Benson to purchase a tractor with a boom mower
· $5,000 for Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office
· $4,500 for Indian Lake Fire Department
· $4,500 for Lake Pleasant Fire Department
· $4,000 for the Southern Adirondack Library System
· $4,000 for Indian Lake Public Library
· $4,000 for Lake Pleasant Public Library
· $4,000 for Inlet Public Library
· $2,000 for Indian Lake Central School District
· $2,000 for Lake Pleasant Central School District
· $2,000 for Long Lake Central School District
Attached please find a photo of Senator Tedisco presenting ceremonial over-sized checks to the grant recipients in front of a new emergency trailer the Indian Lake Fire Department purchased with the grant funds.