Addabbo: Chase & Food Bank for Nyc Partnershp Makes Filing Returns Less Taxing for Peninsula Residents
Free Tax Preparation in Far Rockaway through April 13
Queens, NY, February 11, 2013 – To help his Rockaway constituents file their taxes more easily and on time, especially those who are still struggling in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy, NYS Senator Joseph P. Addabbo, Jr. (D-Queens), is pleased to announce free tax preparation for peninsula residents sponsored by Chase and Food Bank for New York City going on now through April 13 at the World Harvest Deliverance Center, 1521 Central Avenue, Far Rockaway, from 3 PM – 8 PM Tuesdays through Thursdays and Saturdays from 9 AM – 5 PM (no appointment is necessary).
This free event is designed to aid residents in need with preparing their state and federal income taxes. New Yorkers who worked or received unemployment in 2012, who earned $50,000 or less with dependents, or $18,000 or less without dependents, are eligible for this free tax assistance by IRS-certified tax preparers. Free tax preparation is also offered to self-employed taxi drivers and child care providers.
· If filing jointly with a spouse, both of you must be present with photo IDs
· Social Security cards (or copies) or ITIN (or copies) for you and your spouse if filing jointly, and anyone
you are claiming on your tax return, or a letter from Social Security Administration
· W-2s for all jobs you held in 2012 and all 1099 forms paid in cash or the amount of money you made for
the year and your deductible expenses
· Form 1099-G if you received unemployment insurance in 2012
· Form 1099-INT if you received interest from a bank account in 2012
· Form 1098-T if you paid tuition for post-high school education
· Form 1098-E if you paid student loan interest
· If you are claiming child care expenses, provide the amount you paid and child care agency’s ID or name
and Social Security number of the childcare provider.
Addabbo notes, “The Chase-Food Bank for NYC partnership offer began January 22 at select sites in the five boroughs. For other locations in Queens outside my district, visit www.foodbanknyc.org/go/taxhelp. I urge Rockaway residents who qualify to attend and take advantage of this free tax help service. If you qualify, come to the World Harvest Deliverance Center, 1521 Central Avenue, Far Rockaway, NY, now through Saturday, April 13. Last year, this free service helped get New Yorkers more than $65 million they were owed in tax refunds and credits.”
# # #
Judy Close, Press Secretary
NYS Senator Joseph P. Addabbo, Jr.
15th Senate District - Satellite Office
66-85 73rd Place
Middle Village, NY 11379