NEW YORK – Senate Deputy Leader Michael Gianaris is encouraging Queens businesses to apply for funding through the newly-created covid-19 Pandemic Small Business Recovery Grant Program.
“Small businesses have borne outsize losses during the pandemic and we must center them as we focus on our recovery,” said Senate Deputy Leader Michael Gianaris. “I am pleased we successfully secured sizeable funding for our small businesses, and now is the time to apply. I encourage every eligible business to get their applications in soon.”
According to Empire State Development, which administers this funding, grants can be between $5,000 and $50,000 and calculated based on 2019 annual gross receipts for a business. The funding will reimburse businesses for eligible covid-19 related expenses incurred between March 1, 2020 and April 1, 2021, and may include:
- Payroll costs
- Commercial rent or mortgage payments for NYS-based property
- Payment of local property or school taxes
- Insurance costs
- Utility costs
- Costs of personal protection equipment necessary to protect worker and consumer health and safety
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning cost
- Other machinery or equipment costs
- Supplies and materials necessary for compliance with COVID-19 health and safety protocols
Senator Gianaris has worked with small businesses throughout the pandemic, advocating for further relief efforts and providing needed supplies, including hand sanitizer and masks.