Ranzenhofer to Host Forum on Heroin & Opioid Crisis
Joint Senate Task Force, panel of experts gather to find solutions
Amherst, N.Y. – State Senator Michael H. Ranzenhofer has announced today that he will host a special community forum of the Joint Senate Task Force on Heroin & Opioid Addiction on Tuesday, May 31st from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the auditorium at Williamsville South High School, 5950 Main Street.
Senator Ranzenhofer is a member of the Joint Senate Task Force on Heroin & Opioid Addiction.
“One of the most challenging public health crises in generations has been felt in every part of our community,” said Ranzenhofer. “All of us share the goal of overcoming this crisis, and we have to work together to find solutions. I encourage residents to join me, along with our panel of experts, at the special community forum.”
The public is encouraged to attend and share their input. The forum will feature a panel discussion by law enforcement, educators, addiction specialists and health care professionals, including:
• Joint Senate Task Force Co-Chair Senator Robert Ortt;
• BlueCross BlueShield of WNY Chief Medical Officer Dr. Thomas Schenk;
• Horizon Corporations Vice President of Operations Paige Prentice;
• Medical Society of the State of NY Vice President Dr. Thomas Madejski;
• Senior Associate Dean for Health Policy at the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences Dr. Nancy Nielsen;
• BryLin Behavioral Health System Clinical Director for Outpatient Services Jennifer Seib;
• Amherst Police Department Detective Lieutenant JoAnn DiNoto;
• Judge Klein, Amherst Drug Court;
• Amherst Youth and Recreation Department Executive Director Mary Diana-Pouli; and
• Clarence Youth Bureau Executive Director Dawn Kinney.