With more snow expected this winter, Senator Owen Johnson is reminding residents about contact numbers where they can get storm-related information or services.
To report power outages or downed power lines:
* LIPA Hotline: (800) 490-0075
Information on mass transit service:
* MTA/LIRR: www.mta.info
* LIRR 24 hour travel information center: 718-217-5477
* Suffolk County Transit information: 631-852-5200
* NYC Transit travel information: 718-330-1234
Up-to-the-minute information about traffic conditions on Long Island’s major roads:
* NYS Department of Transportation’s 511 service: www.511ny.org or by calling 5-1-1.
To report snow plowing issues:
* Town maintained roads:
Town of Babylon: (631) 957-3161
Town of Islip: (631) 224-5610
* Village maintained roads:
Village of Amityville: (631) 789-2200
Village of Babylon: (631) 669-4878
Village of Brightwaters: (631) 665-2830
Village of Lindenhurst: (631) 957-7520
* County maintained roads:
Suffolk County: (631) 852-2677, (631) 852-4900
* State maintained roads:
NYS Department of Transportation: (631) 904-3059
As always, residents can also contact Senator Johnson’s office at 631-669-9200 should you need additional assistance.