Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: 1-800-232-INFO
New York State Department of Health 24/7 Coronavirus Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
New York State Mental Health Hotline: 1-844-863-9314
New York State Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-942-6906
Samaritan Medical Center Resource Line: 315-755-3100
Upstate University Hospital's Regional Triage Line for COVID-19: 315-464-3979
Oswego County COVID-19 Hotline: 315-349-3330
River Hospital COVID-19 Resource Line: 315-482-1299
Carthage Area Hospital Resource Line: 315-519-5497
Jefferson County Crisis Hotline: 315-782-2327 or 315-777-9681
Jefferson County Public Health: 315-786-3770
St. Lawrence County Public Health: 315-386-2325
Oswego County Public Health: 315-349-3545
TRICARE Nurse Advice Line: 1-800-TRICARE (874-2273), option 1
APHC Army COVID-19 Hotline: 1-800-984-8523
Samaritan Medical Center drive-up Testing Site (Watertown)
LABOR/SMALL BUSINESS/FINANCIAL RESOURCES
Unemployment: As follows are important websites and phone numbers related to unemployment insurance and paid leave:
New York State Department of Labor Phone Number: 1-888-209-8124
Help for small businesses: There are a number of resources available to assist and guide businesses through this challenging time, including:
North Country Alliance (NCA) COVID-19 Emergency Business Relief Program: This program was created to provide businesses located in the NCA's service region with short-term relief and access to working capital during the pandemic. The program is designed to help both for-profit and not-for-profit businesses with fewer than 100 employees with loans of up to $25,000. The program is administered for the NCA by the Development Authority of the North County (DANC) and those interested in more information are encouraged to click here, or contact DANC Project Development Specialist Matt Siver at email@example.com.
School Districts/Food for Students: Across our region, school districts are providing meals for students. For more information, contact your school district.
Watertown Family YMCA: The Watertown Family YMCA is offering childcare for the children of workers in the healthcare, emergency services and other essential personnel. To register, contact the YMCA at 315-755-2005 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM.
Services for Seniors
Jefferson County Office for the Aging: (315) 785-3191
St. Lawrence County Office for the Aging: (315) 386-4730
Oswego County Office for the Aging: (315) 349-3484
HOW YOU CAN HELP
The state is calling on health care professionals, schools of public health or medicine and PPE products providers and manufacturers to come forward to support the state’s response. If you believe you can be of assistance, click here.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STOP THE SPREAD
- Even if you feel healthy, please try to stay at home as much as possible.
- In public, practice “social distancing” by keeping a 6-foot distance from others.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds—especially after being in a public place and after you have coughed or sneezed.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you sneeze. After doing so, immediately wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Take extra care to avoid exposing the elderly and those with underlying health conditions to illness—instead of visiting them, call.
- Be sure to clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily, including doorknobs, light switches, countertops, phones, keyboards, toilets, tables, handles, faucets, etc.