Senator Patty Ritchie’s annual Oswego County Senior Health and Wellness Fair is happening this Thursday, October 11th at the Oswego County Highway Facility located at 31 Shaad Drive, Oswego, NY 13126. This year, the Fort Drum Regional Health Planning Organization is cohosting the fair.
The FREE event—which runs from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.—will feature over 50 exhibitors offering seniors health tips, wellness checks and free flu shots (available with Medicare or insurance ID). Attendees are also invited to enjoy entertainment and a free lunch, prepared by ‘future chefs’ from CiTi BOCES.
“These fairs have proven that when you help people access the information that is important to their health, they will not only take the time to get the information they want but they will implement the ideas and strategies when they get home. Our seniors want to take control of their health and this fair allows them to do so,” Senator Ritchie said. “I look forward to this year’s fair reaching even more people and helping raise awareness of the importance of health screenings and healthy living.”
Senator Ritchie is also teaming up with Oswego County Opportunities to offer free bus rides to and from the fair.
Busing routes and pick-up times for Senator Ritchie’s Oswego County Senior Health and Wellness Fair are as follows:
Route #1, Services via: Constantia/Phoenix
- St. Bernadette’s Church (1667 State Route 49, Constantia) – 9:45 a.m.
- Congregational Church (43 Bridge Street, Phoenix) – 10:30 a.m.
Route #2, Services via: Sandy Creek, Parish, Mexico
- Methodist Church (2301 Harwood Drive, Sandy Creek) – 9:45 a.m.
- Presbyterian Church (814 Rider Street, Parish) – 10:10 a.m.
- Presbyterian Church (4316 Church Street, Mexico) – 10:30 a.m.
Route #3, Services via: Oswego, Hannibal, Fulton
- Fulton Municipal Building (141 South First Street, Fulton) – 10:00 a.m.
- Hannibal Community Library (162 Oswego Street, Hannibal) – 10:15 a.m.
- Fort Ontario (One East 4th Street, Oswego) – 10:45 a.m.
***All buses will arrive at the fair at 11:00 am and will return at 2 p.m.
In addition to exhibitors, the Oswego County Sheriff’s Department will be on hand to help seniors safely dispose of expired or unwanted prescription drugs.
This year’s fair would not be possible without the generosity of numerous local businesses and organizations:
- Anybody’s Guess
- Behling Orchards
- Cabot Cheese
- CiTi BOCES
- Hudson Dairy
- Kinney Drugs
- Oswego City School District
- Oswego County
- Oswego County Opportunities
- Oswego County Sheriff's Office
- Pathfinder Bank
- Scriba Volunteer Fire Department