Sept. 14 At Alex T. Duffy Fairgrounds In Watertown
State Senator Patty Ritchie along with the Jefferson County Office for the Aging invites the community to her 2011 Senior Health and Wellness Expo on Sept. 14 at the Alex T. Duffy Fairgrounds on Coffeen Street in Watertown.
“The Senior Health and Wellness Expo will provide a one stop experience for people who want to meet and talk to health care professionals,” Senator Ritchie said. “Whether you want to check your blood pressure, get tips on how to keep fit, or get free health screenings, this event will help you preserve your health.”The annual event continues a long standing tradition of providing North Country residents of all ages an opportunity to undergo free health screenings, obtain flu shots, and learn about the region’s array of health care services.
Senator Ritchie is bringing together a team of community partners to help answer questions and provide valuable, free services to help area residents preserve their health.
The event will run from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Over 50 exhibitors and services:
• Health screenings
• Flu shots
• Blood pressure
• Fitness counseling
• Senior Services
• Exercise demos
- Alzheimer’s Association, Central NY Chapter
- American Red Cross of Northern New York
- Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired of Jefferson County
- Carthage Area Hospital
- Central Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- City of Watertown Police Department
- Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center
- Community Action Planning Council
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Jefferson County
- Guilfoyle Ambulance Service
- Hospice of Jefferson County
- Ives Hill Retirement Community
- Jefferson Community College- Jefferson Express
- Jefferson County Historical Society
- Jefferson County Office for the Aging
- Jefferson County Public Health Service
- Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- Marra’s Homecare
- National Active & Retired Federal Employees Association
- National Grid
- Neighbors of Watertown
- North Country Chapter of NY Statewide Sr. Action Council
- North Country Library System
- Northern Lights Chiropractic
- Northern New York Rural Health Care Alliance Inc
- Northern Regional Center for Independent Living
- Resolution Center of Jefferson and Lewis Counties, Inc.
- Samaritan Medical Center
- The Country Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Watertown Urban Mission
-Volunteer Transportation Center, Inc
- Hannaford Supermarket
- Howard Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Innovative Physical Therapy Solutions
- Center for Sight
A senior health fair is planned in Oswego County on October 12 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Fulton War Memorial in Fulton, N.Y. For information on the Oswego event, call 342-2057.