Important Emergency Phone Numbers To Keep On Hand
With pending winter storms, I wanted to provide you with contact numbers where you can seek assistance during power outages or with other emergencies.
National Grid is taking the lead role in managing the Long Island Power Authority's response to impending winter storms and will be ready with advance preparations and response plans.
To report power outages, or electrical emergencies, call LIPA’s Hotline 1-800-490-0075 or 631-755-6900 to be immediately directed to National Grid.
To report gas emergencies to National Grid call 1-800-490-0045.
Other Important Emergency Phone Numbers
• NY-ALERT updates, which provides real-time emergency information: www.nyalert.gov
• Red Cross National Toll Free Number: 1-800-RED CROSS
• American Red Cross of Suffolk County: 631-924-6700
Emergency & Law Enforcement:
• Suffolk County Police: 631-852-COPS (2677)
• Suffolk County Office of Emergency Management: 631-852-4900
Service Providers & Utilities:
• Long Island Power Authority/National Grid: 1-800-490-0075 (to report downed power lines or electrical emergency)
• National Grid (Emergency Gas Safety Service): 1-800-490-0045
• Suffolk County Water Authority (Emergency Repair Line 8AM – 8PM): 631-665-0663
• Suffolk County Water Authority: 631-698-9500
• Cablevision/Optimum: 631-727-6300
Medical & Health Services:
• Suffolk County Department of Health Services (SCDHS): 631-853-3000
• Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center Emergency Department: 631-376-4045
• Good Sam Main Number: 631-376-4444 (after hours, 631-376-3000)
• Good Sam Patient Information: 631-376-4005
• North Shore LIJ Southside Hospital Main Number: 631-968-3000
• North Shore LIJ Southside Hospital Emergency Department: 631-968-3314
• North Shore LIJ Southside Hospital Patient Information: 631-968-3352
Animal Protection and Control:
• Babylon Town Animal Shelter: 631- 643-9270
• Suffolk County SPCA: 631-382-7722
• Town of Islip Town Animal Shelter 631-224-5660