You will have the opportunity to directly assist flood victims via telephone by interviewing clients, collecting data, and disseminating information to ensure they get the resources they need during this devastating time.
Training will be provided online by the American Red Cross (approximately 4 hours) and there are only these few requirements:
- Compassion, patience, and willingness to help people in their time of need
- You will need access to a quiet work environment with reliable phone and internet.
- You must be comfortable talking with clients on the phone and able to use your own phone and computer.
- You must have basic technology skills and be able to:
- Use multiple program windows
- Use multiple browser tabs
- Open, read, and enter information into Excel spreadsheets
- Have a working and accessible email address
The Red Cross is currently looking for Virtual Caseworkers to commit for 5 consecutive days for either one or both of the following shifts:
- Shift A: 8:45am - 2:15pm EST
- Shift B: 1:45pm - 7:15pm EST
If you are interested and available to help with this effort please email Kelly Formoso, Disaster Program Manager of the American Red Cross Mid-Hudson Valley, at Kelly.Formoso@redcross.org
Not all heroes wear capes. Your compassion, time, and skills can make a big difference in the lives of people who have been affected by this devastating disaster. For other volunteer opportunities please visit redcross.org.