The Parent Common Core Awareness Sessions will provide parents and care givers the opportunity to learn about the changes in curriculum content (English Language Arts & Mathematics), classroom instruction and learning opportunities for students in kindergarten – grade 12.
During these sessions participants will learn about:
1. complete analysis of the most recent 2013 test results in English Language Arts and Math;
2. resources for parents on what their children should be learning in English Language Arts and Mathematics in each grade, once the standards are fully implemented;
3. activities that parents can implement at home to support their children’s learning;
4. methods for helping parents build stronger relationships with their school and children’s teacher; and
5. strategies for planning for college and careers.
Attached are the session registration form and flyer ( in English, Spanish & Haitian Creole). Please feel free to share this information. The sessions are free to all registered participants.