Housing Issues Part 2: Coop Shareholders, Condo Owners, and Small Homeowners
A Virtual Town Hall recorded on Thursday, June 4th, 2020, with State Senator Liz Krueger, Kevin McConnell of Himmelstein, McConnell, and Rose Marie Cantanno of the New York Legal Assistance Group.
For more information, see the following resources:
- General guidance on coop boards: https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/coop_board_directors.pdf https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/how_to_handle_problems_with_a_condo_board.pdf
- NYC property tax and interest deferral program: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/finance/taxes/pt-aid.page#:~:text=Senior%20homeowners%20experiencing%20hardship%20can,delinquent%20and%20future%20property%20taxes.
- Legal services for foreclosure prevention: https://cnycn.org/foreclosure/
- Reverse mortgage legislation that passed the Legislature last session but was vetoed by the Governor. The bill is being re-introduced this session: https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2019/s7580
- Bills relating to mortgage forbearance: