The Recent State Budget was a disaster for hardworking New Yorkers who follow the rules and do what’s right. It was a bonanza for accused criminals, prisoners and illegal immigrants. Here are just a few of the damaging things done in the Downstate budget that I opposed:
- New taxes on prescription drugs, rental cars and grocery bags
- Ending cash bail thereby letting more than 90% of accused criminals leave with an appearance ticket
- Providing $27 million to give undocumented immigrants college aid
- Cutting funding for the Monroe County Veterans Outreach Center in half
- Cutting $20 million from Libraries
- Voting to make Governor Cuomo the highest paid Governor in America!
Sadly, this is just the beginning. Before session is over Senate Democrats have vowed to take up bills to grant illegal immigrants free healthcare, legalize prostitution, shut down upstate farms with new labor mandates and cut private sector healthcare and replace it with Albanycare. This should concern us all.
PLEASE SIGN MY PETITION BELOW AND LET GOVERNOR CUOMO AND HIS DOWNSTATE ALLIES IN THE LEGISLATURE KNOW YOU OPPOSE THEIR AGENDA, SUPPORT HARDWORKING TAXPAYERS AND DEMAND THAT THEY REVERSE COURSE.