For the 7th consecutive year, spending growth will be held at or below 2%. Our self-imposed spending cap
has already saved taxpayers $41 billion!
- Providing approximately $3.6 billion in property tax relief, including STAR and Enhanced STAR.
- Preserving the major tax cut for middle class families that was approved last year, saving approximately $4.2 billion.
- Expanding the state’s Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit, which provides an additional $47 million in tax relief to help middle class families cope with child and dependent care.
- Reforming the state’s workers’ compensation system with new measures that will yield significant savings and make doing business in New York more affordable.
- Extending the NYS Film Tax Credit to support the growing TV/film production industry.
Here’s how the 2017-18 State Budget helps Western New York Families….
Securing record funding, $2.5 billion, to help ensure clean, safe drinking water across the Empire State by addressing water quality issues and infrastructure needs.
- Making sure WNY gets its fair share of funds for essential improvements to our highways, roads and bridges by increasing funding by $1.7 billion over last year.
- Securing $500 million for the Buffalo Billion II economic development initiative.
- Allowing ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft to become available statewide by this summer.
- Making college more affordable for hardworking, middle-class families.
- Providing over $200 million to combat heroin and opioid addiction.
- Investing in women’s and family health initiatives, as well as fully funding the EPIC prescription drug program to assist seniors with their prescription costs.
- Restoring nearly $10 million to support NY’s vital agriculture industry, for a total of $51 million.
Constituent Priority List
By sharing your contact information and marking items below, you will receive additional information by mail or email from Senator Gallivan. Please check the issue areas most important to you: