A BETTER BUDGET FOR WNY FAMILIES
The recently adopted 2016-17 State Budget delivers for Western New York:
- Record-high level of school aid – over $25 billion, an increase of nearly $1.5 billion.
- The elimination of the Gap Elimination Adjustment (GEA) school aid cuts.
- Major funding for parks & $300 million for the Environmental Protection Fund.
- More than $1 billion in funding for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP).
- Full funding of the EPIC senior citizen prescription drug assistance program.
- Fair & equitable funding for infrastructure to make our roads safer while creating jobs.
CUTTING TAXES CONTROLLING SPENDING
Here’s how the new State Budget accomplishes this goal:
- Middle Class Income Tax Cut, which will reduce taxes by approximately $4.2 billion for millions of New Yorkers as well as thousands of small businesses. This is one of the largest income tax reductions in state history.
- For the sixth straight year, the state’s spending growth will be held below 2%. This self-imposed spending cap has already saved residents approximately $31 billion.
- Record investment in the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) to encourage more New Yorkers to pursue employment as an alternative to public assistance.
- Funding for STAR & Enhanced Star - more than $2.7 billion this year.
- Rebate Checks - an additional round of rebate checks this fall, averaging $350 per household.
Constituent Priority List
By sharing your contact information and marking items below, you will receive additional information by mail or email from Senator Gallivan.