As your New York State Senator, in order to properly represent you, I do my best to listen to your input and take it into consideration as we debate and adopt legislation that ultimately will impact you and your loved ones.
During the 2017 Legislative Session, we listened to your voice and acted on your behalf to:
- Keep the Property Tax Cap in order to hold-the-line on local property taxes;
- Fully fund STAR and Enhanced STAR property tax relief programs;
- Deliver the largest middle-class tax cut – 20% reduction - in income taxes;
- Secure record levels of education funding for our schools;
- Make sure Western New York got its fair share of infrastructure resources that not only
- improves our roads and sewers but also creates jobs;
- Secure additional resources to combat the heroin epidemic, as well as Lyme and other
- Tick-Borne Diseases;
- Protect our seniors by fully funding the EPIC Pharmaceutical Coverage program and
- expanding in-home services for elderly and wellness nutrition programs; all while
- Making sure state spending stayed under a self-imposed 2% cap, saving taxpayers billions!
While we accomplished a lot last year, I know in 2018 much more must be done. As we begin the 2018 Legislative Session and the 2018-19 State Budget negotiation process, I welcome you input on key proposal that will be discussed and debated in Albany. So, please take a moment to fill out the questionnaire below.
It remains my honor to be your voice.