Proposed Participatory Budgeting Projects in District 20
Welcome to District 20 Participatory Budgeting Page. Below you will find the list of proposed projects. Find out more about the Participatory Budget process here.
Participatory Budgeting Ballot dated 8/1/18
August 6-12, 2018
- You may cast up to 5 votes
- If you make a mistake, ask for a new ballot
- You may only vote once
- Do not fold ballot
- Every ballot must have an affidavit
1. The Dream of STEAM for the MECP Team — $235,000
Medgar Evers College Prep: Buy STEAM Science Carts with classroom upgrades to provide the best in science education.
2. Homes for their Tomes — $145,000
There are no lockers at PS375 Jackie-Robinson School in Crown Heights, so students are forced to carry all their belongings throughout the day. The students need lockers to help their classroom environment become places of learning instead of storage and to improve overall school climate and culture.
3. Lights! Curtains! Action! —$125,000
Provide infrastructure upgrade auditorium: new window and stage curtains for PS 235 in East Flatbush.
4. Safety for our Seniors — $75,000
Security cameras at Marcus Garvey Senior Center.
Transportation and Street Safety
5. Smoothing the Way in Brooklyn — $250,000
Street repaving in Brooklyn Community Boards 17, 16 & 9 (East Flatbush, PLG, Brownsville, etc.).
6. Safe Passage to School — $220,000
Safety improvements including sidewalk extensions, and pedestrian safety islands at Our Lady of Perpetual Help and P.S. 169 in Sunset Park.
Parks & Recreation
7. Making a Rough Gem Shine — $500,000
General improvements at Lincoln Terrace/Adult fitness or pavement.
8. More Greensville for Brownville — $120,000
Gardens in Brownsville need water, so this would provide water spigots for Isabahlia Gardens on Saratoga Avenue and the Student Farm at 514 Rockaway Avenue.
9. Making the Walk Home Safer — $150,000
Fund and install NYPD security cameras for Wingate Park are, Prospect Lefferts Garden, East Flatbush, and beyond. These security cameras would enhance crime prevention (Locations at NYPD discretion).