Search OpenLegislation Statutes

This entry was published on 2014-09-22
The selection dates indicate all change milestones for the entire volume, not just the location being viewed. Specifying a milestone date will retrieve the most recent version of the location before that date.
Petition for change of name
Civil Rights (CVR) CHAPTER 6, ARTICLE 6
§ 60. Petition for change of name. A petition for leave to assume
another name may be made by a resident of the state to the county court
of the county or the supreme court in the county in which he resides,
or, if he resides in the city of New York, either to the supreme court
or to any branch of the civil court of the city of New York, in any
county of the city of New York. The petition to change the name of an
infant may be made by the infant through his next friend, or by either
of his parents, or by his general guardian, or by the guardian of his