Search OpenLegislation Statutes

This entry was published on 2014-09-22
The selection dates indicate all change milestones for the entire volume, not just the location being viewed. Specifying a milestone date will retrieve the most recent version of the location before that date.
Motion to terminate placement
Family Court Act (FCT) CHAPTER 686, ARTICLE 10, PART 6
§ 1062. Motion to terminate placement. Any interested person acting on
behalf of a child placed under section one thousand fifty-five of this
article, the child's parent, or the person legally responsible for the
child may make a motion to the court for an order terminating the
placement. The motion must:

(a) show that an application for the child's return to his or her home
was made to an appropriate person in the place in which the child was

(b) show that the application was denied or was not granted within
thirty days from the day application was made; and

(c) be accompanied by a sworn affidavit stating the grounds for the