Search OpenLegislation Statutes
This entry was published on 2022-07-08
The selection dates indicate all change milestones for the entire volume, not just the location being viewed. Specifying a milestone date will retrieve the most recent version of the location before that date.
Duplicate identification card; change of address
Vehicle & Traffic (VAT) CHAPTER 71, TITLE 4, ARTICLE 17-A*
§ 492. Duplicate identification card; change of address. 1. Lost,
mutilated or destroyed identification card. In the event of the loss,
mutilation or destruction of any identification card, the holder thereof
may file with the commissioner proof of the facts with respect to such
loss, mutilation or destruction, together with the fee prescribed by
law. If the commissioner is satisfied that the applicant is entitled to
a duplicate thereof, he shall issue a duplicate of the lost, mutilated
or destroyed identification card.

2. Amendment of identification card. Any person holding an
identification card which contains any error other than a clerical error
made by the issuing agency, with respect to the information contained
thereon, shall file an application with the commissioner for an amended
identification card to have such error corrected. The commissioner shall
require such person to submit proof acceptable to him with respect to
the facts, and upon approval of such proof and the surrender of the
prior identification card, the commissioner shall issue an appropriate
amended identification card.

3. Change of address. It shall be the duty of every holder of an
identification card to notify the commissioner in writing of any change
of residence of such holder within ten days after such change occurs.