Senator Velmanette Montgomery convenes a meeting of the Senate Children and Families Committee. The agenda consists of the following bills:
- S.432 Hoylman - An act to amend the domestic relations law, in relation to the custody of children. Prohibiting a judge from (1) considering a party's sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression when determining the best interest of the child and (2) prohibiting a party from undergoing gender reassignment
- S.7930 Salazar - Eliminates the use of the term "incorrigible"
- S.8332 Persaud - Defines the term kinship caregiver.
- S.8421 Persaud - Requires the office of children and family services to collect data on child welfare preventive services by local social services district and compile an annual report to be submitted to the governor and legislature.
- S.8470 Montgomery - Authorizes former foster care youth who have been discharged from foster care to return to foster care placement during the COVID-19 state of emergency without requiring such children to file a motion authorizing their return to foster care placement and places a temporary moratorium on aging out of foster care during a state of emergency.
All bills have been reported out of committee.