I hope you and your family are doing well during this holiday season. For many of us, 2016 has been a challenging year. I hope you'll be able to be engaged and involved in the new year.
I wanted to share a few issues I've been working on:
- I organized hundreds of people, including elected colleagues, faith and community leaders, and "Ad-Rock" of the Beastie Boys, to stand against hateful vandalism in a playground in the district. Read about it, here.
- I'm calling on the City and State to take action under the False Claims Act on the sale of Rivington House.
- Working together, we made real progress toward a full Bushwick Inlet Park, bringing us one step closer to making this promise made a promise kept.
- I've continued to organize with the community against tenant harassment, and recently the Attorney General and State brought charges against one notorious bad actor.
- My years-long push for fairer ticket reselling laws led to bi-partisan success -- a new law to crack down on illegal ticket-purchasing bots -- though the push continues.
- I brought 25 new cameras and a new monitoring system to Grand Street Settlement's Community Center to improve security.
- My 2017 Important Dates Calendar (including alternate side parking dates) is now available -- print your copy here.
I hope you enjoy the holidays. As always, please don't hesitate to contact my office at 212-298-5565, 718-875-1517, or email@example.com.
NY State Senator