SENATOR WALCZYK JOINS SENATE REPUBLICANS TO UNVEIL RESCUE NEW YORK LEGISLATIVE AGENDA
(ALBANY, NY) - On the steps of the 2nd floor in the Capitol Monday, Senator Mark Walczyk joined his fellow Republican colleagues to introduce the legislative agenda that will target saving the Empire State. The agenda includes a broad range of common-sense policies to reverse the alarming consequences of One-Party Rule, including a drastic decline in public safety, a depleted workforce, high taxes, business-crippling regulations, record inflation and increased costs of goods, and nation-leading population loss.
“I was proud to stand alongside my Republican colleagues in the Senate and unveil our plan to get this great state back on track in 2023,” said Senator Mark Walczyk. “The Rescue New York Legislative Agenda truly is a plan to make our state safer, stronger, more affordable, and provide more freedoms for New Yorkers. Today, Senate Republicans made it clear that We’re not here to stand by and watch the Empire state of decline. The Republican Senate has a plan that will restore hope in a future that truly is Excelsior.”
The “Rescue New York” 2023 Legislative Agenda is a comprehensive plan to improve public safety, ease the financial burden on middle-class families and small business owners, and restore the quality of life in communities throughout New York State. Components of the Rescue New York plan focus on
A Safer New York:
- Restore Common Sense to our criminal justice system to prevent crime and protect New Yorkers;
- Increase efforts and investments to end the opioid and mental health epidemics; and
- Support and protect our seniors
A Stronger New York
- Expand economic opportunity and strengthen our workforce;
- Invest in infrastructure for the 21st century; and
- Help our veterans and military families thrive.
A More Affordable New York
- Cut the Empire State’s highest-in-the-nation tax burden and control government spending;
- Reduce the cost of living for families and all residents;
- Improve New York’s worst-in-the-nation business climate; and
- Enact climate policies that ensure access to affordable, reliable, and clean energy.
A More Free New York
- Provide a high quality education to all students;
- Uphold the rights of New Yorkers; and
- Restore accountability in State government.
For more details on the New York State Senate Republicans’ Rescue New York 2023 agenda, click the Rescue New York 2023 Legislative Agenda attachment.
“Economic activity has decreased, crime has increased, and people are leaving our state in droves. We continue to struggle with the economic aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic, coupled with record inflation and increased costs on everything from groceries to gas and home heating fuels, but One-Party Rule continues to fail to address these important issues. We must prioritize making New York safer, stronger, more affordable and more free for every resident. Our 2023 Rescue New York agenda addresses these critical areas and will help put our state back on the right path,” said Senate Republican Leader Rob Ortt.