As news reports about swine flu become more prevalent, it is important to understand the disease and know the latest information. Below are links to leading health websites providing the most up-to-date information about this disease.
In the meantime, it is important to remember that the most effective way to fight any disease is through prevention. Basic prevention strategies include:
- Washing your hands often with soap and warm water. Alcohol-based hand cleansers are also effective.
- Avoiding people who are ill.
- Staying home from work or school if you are sick.
- Using tissue when you cough, sneeze or spit, and dispose of the tissue in a covered trash bin.
- Keeping hands away from your face. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cleaning shared space more often such as phone receivers, keyboards, steering wheels and office equipment.
- Refraining from sharing personal items such as forks, spoons, toothbrushes and towels.
Swine Flu Hotline: 1-800-808-1987
Swine Flu Resources: