For those who may be seeking employment, every tool could be important. That's we set up this resource center. Hopefully, you will find the following information helpful.
Job Banks/Civil Service Exams:
Search for jobs, learn job searching techniques, and find out about upcoming state, local, and federal civil service exams.
* Nassau County Department of Civil Service
* New York State Department of Civil Service (Click here to sign up for email announcements of upcoming New York State Civil Service exams)
* New York State Department of Labor Career Services
* New York State Job Bank
* NY Jobs Express
* Occupational Outlook Handbook (U.S. Department of Labor)
* Town of Hempstead Department of Civil Service
* USA Jobs (employment with the Federal Government)
* New York State Department of Labor for Fairs/Recruitments
Job & Career Centers/Training Programs/Apprenticeships:
Here's where you can find out about services such as resume writing, interview preparation, and job searching tips. You'll also be able to learn about different job & career training programs, as well as aprrenticeships.
* Adult Career and Continuing Educational Services-Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR)
* Education & Assistance Corporation
* Hempstead Works
* Long Island Cares
* Nassau County Job Development Center
* New York State Department of Labor’s Career Services
* New York State Department of Labor’s Apprenticeships program
Starting your own business:
* Nassau County Business Development Unit
* U.S. Small Business Administration