ALBANY – 01/05/22 – Senator Peter Oberacker (R/C-Schenevus) today joined with members of the Senate Republican Conference at the Capitol in Albany to unveil key priorities for the upcoming legislative session. The “Take Back New York” 2022 legislative agenda is a response to the neglect and decline of our state created by Democrat one-party rule. The plan would restore balance and common sense to government while vigorously rejecting the extreme policies of the past three years.
“For New York to truly reemerge as the Empire State we need to protect our greatest asset – our people,” said Senator Peter Oberacker. “Individuals and families are moving out an alarming rate because we lack opportunities thanks to policies that have stunted our economic growth. Regulatory changes that will help our small businesses grow, universal broadband, investments in our family farms, and new training initiatives to help unite employees with employers are among the initiatives we need to focus on in 2022.”
Take Back New York 2022 is a comprehensive agenda that helps grow our local and state economies, provides financial breathing room for middle-class families and small business owners and makes public safety an urgent priority. If enacted, Take Back New York 2022 would:
- Offer a better quality of life for all New Yorkers by repealing bail reform and supporting law enforcement and crime victims, as well as expanding and ensuring access to a quality education for all our children;
- Make New York more affordable for every resident by cutting our highest-in-the-nation tax burden and enacting a series of measures that lower childcare and the day-to-day cost of living in our state;
- Develop a strong workforce for a strong economy through substantive training and development programs, and a major commitment to our family farms;
- Improve our business climate and expand economic opportunity by cutting burdensome regulations, investing in physical infrastructure and broadband statewide, and moving toward a cleaner energy future;
- Ensure security for our vulnerable populations by securing funding for our veterans, providing needed resources to our seniors and their caregivers, combating the opioid crisis and better treating mental wellness; and
- Restore accountability to the state government in the aftermath of disgraced ex-Gov. Cuomo’s rampant abuses of power.