For the most part, once your application has generated a confirmation number, the DOL should *actually* call you back within 72 hours. But many people’s applications never generate a confirmation number, which leads to the claim getting lost in the system.
Once your application has generated a confirmation number, the DOL should *actually* call you back within 72 hours. If you were only sent to this page
you probably did not receive a confirmation number. In order to generate your confirmation number, please follow the steps below:
- Visit http://labor.ny.gov and click the “Services” tab.
- Next, click the”Unemployment" icon.
- You should be directed to this screen.
- Scroll down to the “Claim Weekly Unemployment Insurance Benefits"
- Sign in with your login credentials.
- You will then be taken to this screen.
- Scroll down and click “Unemployment Services.”
- You will be taken to this screen. Click “File a Claim” *even if you have already filed a claim.*
- ⭐⭐ This step is the key to generating your unique confirmation number. Click on your designated Day.⭐⭐
- You may be asked to stop your application, and repeat steps 1-10 on your designated day. You may not be asked to do this. If you are asked to to this, determine which days you can file a claim, and visit http://labor.ny.gov on one of those days.
- File your claim.
- Once you submit your claim, this is the point at which you should be given your confirmation number!
- Unfortunately, the system may still give you trouble. If it does, repeat steps 1-12 until it results in a confirmation number.
- Your screen should look like this if you have filed correctly. Click “View Payment History” to see the status of your claim.
- This page will keep you up-to-date on your claim and and money you receive.
- We're so sorry if you have had this frustrating experience. You are not alone, and we hope this was helpful! If you are a constituent and you're still struggling with your unemployment application please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.